Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Skin Detox from the Inside!

Go makeup free. I know how hard it is, but on my days at home, I go without makeup as often as possible. If I’m having a day with video conferences, I’ll just wear mascara and lipstick a lot of times. It makes me look pulled together, and I’m still giving my skin a break.
Feed your skin. Not with serums and moisturizers. Feed it from the inside with the food you’re eating. Dark leafy greens, berries, melon and salmon all add up to help create gleaming skin. I try to eat from each color in my daily diet. As long as I’m doing that, my skin looks better, I feel better and I know I’m doing something good for body.

Avoid sugar and processed foods. Not all sugars are bad, but processed white sugars aren’t good for you skin. Period. According to a study in the British Journal of Dermatology, we can put part of the blame on aging from a process called glycation.

Smoking is another skin killer. If you do smoke, try to quit. It’s hard and will make your family and friends hate you for a few weeks. Chemicals in the cigarettes do nasty things, like break down the collagen in your skin, causing more rapid sagging and wrinkling. It also causes you to develop smokers lips — little fine lines all around your mouth. When I see young girls smoking, I want to grab my soapbox and lay down the healthy skin law.
Sunscreen. Lots and lots of sunscreen. I wear an SPF everyday of the year: 15 in the winter, a minimum of 30 in the summer. If I’m on the beach or ski slopes, I go for 50 and reapply constantly.
Go Organic Skin Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment