1. Don’t Pick!—Though tempting, picking skin over the infected area keeps it from healing, leaving your
skin red and irritated longer.
2. Cortisone Injection—This trick is handy for brides who wake up with a wedding-day pimple. The
pimple can be treated with a Cortisone injection which
safelyand quickly vanishes the red bump.
3. Brightening Lotion—Helps camouflage the red/brown pigmented area surrounding the
pimple so it is less noticeable as it heals.
4. SPF—Sunscreen keeps the sun from irritating and inflaming pimples, reducing the likelihood of scarring.
5. Tea Tree Oil—Less harsh than benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, applying tee tree oil as a spot treatment can gently reduce swelling, or help prevent breakouts all together if applied to acne-prone areas before breakouts occur.